Saturday, July 2, 2011

Former US medical student turns fear into art by posing nude

Posing nude
A former medical student from US poses in the nude to overcome her fears. Reuters photo

A former medical student from US, who poses in the nude to overcome her fears, has gained worldwide reputation as a provocative artist.

Miru Kim, 30, from New York, goes to strange places such as abandoned factories, tunnels, and bridges, and photographs the structures with her in the nude.

“My work in general involves getting over my fears that are deeply embedded since childhood: Fear of darkness, fear of dangerous activities in general, and fear of dirt - I had a considerable obsessive compulsive disorder as a child,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.

“It’s beyond therapeutic. I do this through art, because I identify with countless other people who go through the emotions of overcoming fears.

“I have always been timid since childhood. Most people may think I’m joking considering my work, but it’s true,” she revealed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...